Monday, September 23, 2013

Selling on Amazon!

Finally selling on Amazon.com!!!  Now I can sell the example baskets I made and be able to sell the rest of my inventory when the rest of the candy is ordered.












http://www.amazon.com/Retro-Nostalgic-Gift-Basket-80s/dp/B00FD95H9W/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_tnr_1



How exciting! super stoked.  I think I will still sell on my own website as well to have another outlet to sell in and to boost the Sugar High brand.  I'll have to wait though until I have my inventory all set up to launch the website.  Hopefully I'll find out about my credit application from the vendor soon.

I have also been thinking about different shipping options - to make sure the gift basket gets there in one piece.  At first I was thinking packing peanuts, but that has turned out to be very expensive, I think I paid about $70 for 7 cubic feet, not knowing how many boxes that would fill.  I'm hoping it will fill 15-20 boxes, but we'll see.  I'm thinking I might, instead of packing peanuts, wrap the gift baskets in bubble wrap and then stuff the empty space in the box with craft paper/packing paper - I think this will be a lot cheaper and still hold everything in the basket together during shipping.  I also learned about Glue Dots to use instead of double-sided tape, apparently it will stick a lot better and stay.

Another trick is the gift basket shrink wrap system, checkout this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4WdRb6Eduk

This is kind of expensive though, for a 24" system, it is something like $350-$399.

Anyways, many things to think about in the gift basket making world.  Can't wait to sell more on Amazon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment