Thursday, October 10, 2013

I have Candy!

My credit application was accepted by the vendor I met at the Philly Candy Show and I placed an order for all the candy I need for the baskets, which was delivered today!  I had to order the Cracker Jacks from a different company, so I'm still waiting for that to be delivered.  I also need to purchase popcorn and pretzels for the movie theater basket which I think I'll buy at Costco.  YAYY CANDY!!!


Here's the plan - make the 80s baskets and tie-dye buckets this weekend, then make the 60s basket, Betty Boop basket, I Love Lucy basket, and movie theater basket after the Cracker Jacks are delivered, which is scheduled for Monday.  Then I need to take pictures of each of the baskets, erase the background and replace with white, then upload to Amazon and eBay.  The next step is to sell the baskets on my own website - www.emilyssugarhigh.com.  It will cost 24.99/month from GoDaddy with a 20% discount and you have to purchase 12 months at a time.  This will be approximately $240 to run the website for a year. 

Hopefully the website will do well and after I sell a good number of baskets I can expand my inventory to the items I found on Vandorgifts.com, which I already have an account with.  Vandor sells the Dr. Seuss items as well as Hello Kitty and The Beatles.  I'd like to make my own mix of retro candy to sell with the Vandor items.  The retro candy mix will cost about $225 and I have to make a minimum purchase of $250 with Vandor.  This comes to a total of $475 and then with the website fees it will be $715.  This will wipe out all my savings and I'll have to start from zero to save up for the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment