Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I Made A Sale!!!!

On eBay of all places!  whatever, super exciting stuff.  I never would have thought that someone would want to buy my gift baskets on eBay, which is why I hadn't posted them on there until last Thursday.  But I figured, why not?  they don't charge to list your product, only a nominal fee when you make a sale.  And 24-36 hours later, I sold the Movie Theater Gift Basket to a lady in Maryland.

She bought it on Saturday, and I FedEx-ed it on Monday morning.  I made sure to pack it really well, wrapping the entire thing in bubble wrap and then using plenty of Kraft paper to fill the empty space in the box.  I made sure to include a note that thanked her for her purchase (on the back of my business card).  I hope she writes a good review of the sale on my eBay profile.

Everyone seemed really excited for me, which made the whole thing feel pretty good, like I had accomplished something awesome.  Even though it's just a gift basket, it's really part of this new business which I feel like is a part of me.  So, if my business fails - I fail.  I feel like I'm really putting myself out there and risking a lot to start this business, so the sale of 1 gift basket really means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment